IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING
YOUR MEDICATIONS PRIOR TO SURGERY
- If you have a coronary (heart) stent and take CLOPIDOGREL (PLAVIX/ISCOVER)
PRASUGREL/EFFIENT or TICAGRELOR/BRILINTA then you MUST inform your
Doctor at Oceanside Urology, who may contact your heart specialist to see
if this medication can be stopped before your operation.
- If you take WARFARIN (MAREVAN) , DABIGATRAN (PRADAXA), APIXABAN
OR RIVAROXABAN you will need to cease it prior to surgery. You MUST inform
your Doctor at Oceanside Urology who will advise you when to stop the
tablets and whether additional arrangements need to be made.
- Medications for HYPERTENSION (High Blood Pressure) need to be continued up to
and including the day of surgery.
- If you take any NON-PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS
(including FISH OIL OR SALMON OIL) you should cease
them TWO WEEKS prior to surgery.
- If you have any questions regarding your medications,
please call your Doctor at Oceanside Urology.